Legacy Doom 75 Question

This is the place for all your Heroclix rules questions. This is also the place to talk about rulings and errata to generate a broader understanding of the rules.

Legacy Doom 75 Question

Postby PsychoHippie » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:00 am

Just to make sure I've been playing this right:
THE WORLD SHALL KNOW THE MIGHT OF DR. DOOM! When Dr. Doom hits, after resolutions generate a Doombot bystander [MAX 3].

If I hit multiple targets with a single attack (through bolts or Energy Explosion) I generate multiple Doombots, correct?

Also, if there are no squares adjacent to Doom to generate a Doombot into, my opponent must choose the closest square possible to generate one in, since it is not an optional effect, correct?
PsychoHippie

Re: Legacy Doom 75 Question

Postby JoePanc » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:03 pm

1. No, you would only ever generate 1 Doombot. The trigger is Doom hitting, which is contingent on the attack being a hit or miss. While each target may be hit or missed, overall it's just looking to see if the attack hit.

So, if you targeted two characters and hit one and missed the other, you would generate a Doombot because the attack was a hit. It would need to say "when Doom hits a character" or "for each hit character, generate a Doombot" for it to be able to trigger multiple times in a single attack.

2. Yes. As you said, because it's not an optional effect, the Doombot has to be generated. So yes, your opponent would choose a square closest to Doom. That part you've got down.
JoePanc
Site Admin

Re: Legacy Doom 75 Question

Postby PsychoHippie » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:37 pm

Bah! Thought I had that one! Ah well...
PsychoHippie

Return to Heroclix Rules